Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day Three- When plans fail make new ones

- When plans fail make new ones- Monday early in the morning the Parkers left down to Bere with our luggage on the back of their truck. The Parkers are a couple that have been in Tchad for 3/4 years. What started as a temporary trip to Tchad for 6 months turned into them staying here for years. You can read their blog Parkers4Bere@blogspot.com. They have done a lot for the local people from helping with school system, feeding families, etc.. They are the perfect example of when God calls you somewhere that He has bigger plans than you ever expected and be ready for what His plans ask of you. The plan for the day was that we would go to the police station to get registered, exchange money, and head down on the bus to Bere that morning. What I learned that day was that things are not always in your control and one just has to go with the flow. The taxi driver Emma was supposed to pick us up by a certain, but he was an hour late. When we started to walk to the police station that is when he finally came to pick us up. This hour difference set us back and changed things planned completely. We were to get things done by certain time so that we could catch the last bus that morning towards Bere and hope to not get into too late for a moto taxi ride to our final destination. We got to police station to register, but I only had a copy of my passport with me. My bad! My passport was safely tucked away in my backpack in the Parkers truck on its way to Bere. I thought that I only needed the copy, so didn't want to carry the original. That little decision would cause so many issues later on… Since I didn't have the original I was not able to register with the police, so I felt somewhat like an illegal person in Chad. I was sure that things would work out, but still felt a little uneasy about not having passport stamped and registered. What could happen if police stop me?? We went by a few other places and it was decided by Marci that we should stay another night there and head to Bere in the morning. This was fine with us, but this meant we had to wear our wonderfully drenched with sweat clothes the next day. That night we decided to live it up large in Tchad. We went back to the French style restaurant and got a tub of lemon sorbet and coconut ice cream, along with two pizza pies and feasted on our last American style food that we would have for probably months. This meal made staying in N’Djamena another night much more bearable ☺. Make sure to read my next post to learn about the next day, which was full of surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment