Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Update-Can you help me find my way home?



            I wish that I could tell you all that I know that the Nigerian lady that I spoke about in my last blog is safe at home. I wish I could tell you that she has been reunited with her family. But I cannot say any of those things. The next day I was anxious to find out anything about the lady. I told Tammy about the lady since she works with people in the community all of the time and would know what to do. She agreed that we should go visit her that day. Hours ticked away and no one came to tell me that we were going to visit her in the hospital. Hours later I found out why we didn't go to the hospital. The lady left. It was said that after she got the cloth and food she left the hospital. She demanded to be let out of the hospital gate. Thoughts raced through my find in lighting speed. “Where did she go” “How can she be helped?” “Will she be able to get home?” “God please protect her and bring her home.” I felt sad because I would never know her story or if she made it back.
That was what I thought would be the end of the story.
            A few days later I found out that the lady was still in Bere’. One night after Zach and I were returning from where we eat dinner I saw something that looked like a body next to the compound wall. It looked like it could have been a person rolled up with a blanket on top. I dismissed the thought because we don't see people sleeping on the streets around here, so someone probably left their blanket on the ground. That form that we saw was her sleeping. We found out because Naomi, the translator that spoke with her saw her when she was going to the hospital grounds. Naomi did not speak with her at that time. When I heard this news I was happy but confused at the same time. It also made me wonder if everything was alright with the lady upstairs. I only say that because there were so many things in her story that didn't fit and the fact she just left the hospital. If the lady had stayed at the hospital she would have been taken care of. One of the doctors was doing to contact the Medical director of the county and inform him of the lady so that she could get on a bus back to Nigeria.
            That was weeks ago when there was even a mention of the lady. I don't know if she got back home. I was determined to help this lady get home. I even considered going on the bus with her if she needed someone. I can only hope she is safe in a place where she calls home. Is this the time when its not the thought that counts? My thoughts can’t get her home… But, I can only do as much as I am able to. I am grateful that I was at least able to meet her physical needs at the time. If that is the only part that I was to play in her journey home I am glad that God choose me…

Even though I don't know the end of the story please continue to pray for the lady. Pray for all of those who are missing around the world. Pray for those displaced from their homes because of war. 

1 comment:

  1. Charis, I'm so glad you are feeling better and have continued using the gift of communication God has given you. Have shared your blog via email with the family and church family such as Nicole and Geri. XOXOXOXO, Mom

    ReplyDelete