Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Birthday giving

Birthdays are always a fun thing for me. For anyone who reaally knows me, they know it's a big deal. Weeks, even months before I am thinking of things to do. For the last two years, I spent my joyous days in Chad. For 2014, I had a party where all my friends were invited. We had food, games and fun. I invited some of my friends from Chad to join and they learned the three legged race, water balloon toss and limbo. Last year, I had more people from village come and I had a joint birthday with a missionary (but it was really for me haha). We had food, dancing and games. It was so much fun to dance with my girls and some of the ladies that I didn't normally joke with in that way. I am all about having fun with everyone. This year I will be having my activities in Florida, which is very far from Chad. I still miss the people, culture, language and food. My heart still feels a sharp pain when I think of those that I can't see. I wish I was rich, then I would send money to create more avenues for the hospital and community to thrive.

This year, I want to give back. I want to raise funds during the month of March for people in Béré area. I want to give back to those who gave me so much. I want to give to those who help others. Since I can't be there to celebrate, this is my gift to them :-). I want to raise money for Project 21, nutrition center, Michellen (lady who helps handicapped kids and elderly) and needy fund. Instead of this birthday being all about me, let's make it about others.

Help me make this a Great 30th birthday by donating money towards great causes. You can also by purses, shirts, skirts or woven platters from Project 21, which helps it to continue. Please pass this along to others! Thanks for celebrating with me!
I will update blog with my information, but till then just head to my donation button and make a contribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment